Best Esports Betting Sites
Perfect for both experienced gamers and those who are new to the scene, Esports betting sites provide the opportunity for punters to bet on leading organisations, teams and players. Potential customers in countries around the world can take advantage of both traditional bookies and newly formed Esports betting sites, which are licensed and regulated by respected gambling authorities.
Esports has exploded over recent years, with the industry now delivering events and tournaments throughout the year, surrounding games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Dota 2 and Overwatch. So, if you are looking for Esports markets, generous bonuses, competitive odds and live streaming, be sure to check out the list of our recommended platforms below.
How We Rate the Best Esports Betting Sites
With so many bookies having introduced Esports markets over recent times, separating the best from the rest is no easy task. However, the Esports betting sites listed above generally score highly across the board, with the following being the factors considered when rating such platforms:
- Odds – No matter which game it is that you enjoy playing, watching and betting on, sites should offer odds that are competitive and offer value. Odds comparison platforms make it clear to see which Esports betting sites perform the best in this area, with our recommended bookies pricing markets fairly and accurately.
- Live Streaming – Streaming is a huge part of the Esports scene. As with other sports, watching the action unfold live can aid the betting experience, due to the fact that viewers can see who is performing well, allowing them to potentially take advantage of live Esports markets. An increasing number of Esports betting sites now offer live streaming, with a small stake being required to gain access.
- Promotions – Whether it be a welcome bonus, price boost, free bet or insurance off, promotions found at Esports betting sites can help punters in maximising profits and minimising losses. As well as this, terms and conditions surrounding such promotions should be realistic, rather than demanding strict wagering requirements and large qualifying deposits.
- Markets – CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2, Overwatch, Starcraft II, Fortnite, FIFA, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty and Valorant are among the most in-demand Esports betting markets today. As such, the best betting sites will cover events from the vast majority, including both international and regional tournaments.
- Mobile – With the target audience of Esports perhaps being younger than many other markets, it is important that betting sites make it easy for punters to stake on their favourite teams and players when on the go. Mobile apps and functional mobile betting sites are a must today, with iOS and Android users in particular having to be catered for.
- Additional Features – Cash out is a popular feature for any type of betting, including Esports. However, it is just one of a number of additional features found at Esports betting sites today, with others being results pages, blog posts and betting academies.
- Support – Ideally, customers at Esports betting sites should be in a position to receive support 24/7, via a number of avenues. Telephone, email, live chat, Skype and social media platforms are now all used to support betting customers, with speed and efficiency also being key.
- Banking – Both deposits and withdrawals at Esports betting sites should be quick and convenient, whether it be through a bank card, eWallet, bank transfer, cryptocurrency or Pay By Phone. Meanwhile, there should also be no significant fees involved, which make betting less enjoyable.
- Legal – All of the Esports betting sites recommended on our platform are licensed and regulated, however this does not mean that they are available to residents in all countries. So, be sure that Esports betting and potential bookmakers are legal where you live before signing up.
Is Esports Betting Legal?
While Esports betting in theory is legal, your location and legislation there may impact upon your ability to get involved. Just a small number of countries have actually made a definitive decision regarding the legality of Esports betting, with some questions remaining unanswered due to the fact that many of the players involved are under 18. The likes of New Zealand, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, Korea and Japan all allow Esports betting, despite not being regulated, while the UK, Ireland, Sweden and Australia have all come up with regulations, making it legal in such countries also.
Which Esports Games Can Be Bet On?
Whether you register with a traditional sportsbook or a dedicated Esports betting site, the following games are likely to be available to punters:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
- Starcraft II
- Call of Duty
- Rainbow Six
- Rocket League
How to Sign Up at an Esports Betting Site
Before you can start staking on Esports events and matches, signing up on your chosen betting site is required, with such platforms generally making it easy to do so. The registration process at Esports betting sites is likely to be something similar to this:
- Enter the Esports betting site.
- Click on the “Register” or “Sign Up” option.
- Enter your personal details, including your full name, date of birth and email address.
- Create a username and password where necessary.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Opt in for any potential welcome offer.
- Verify your account via email.
- Deposit cash for the first time.
- Place your first Esports bet!
Depending on your location and the Esports betting site itself, punters may be required to upload a form of Identification before bets are accepted. A copy of your passport, driver’s license or utility bill are likely to be among the documents accepted.
Live Esports Betting
The excitement and potential rewards make live betting hugely popular, with many Esports betting sites working hard to deliver in this area. The chance to stake on teams and players after an event is underway opens up a host of possibilities.
For example, punters could place a bet on Fnatic to win the next map against Astralis or Tekkz to score the next goal in a FIFA match. For those who have a good understanding of games and the players involved, live Esports betting could be the way forward. With live streaming accompanying live markets in many cases, betting on Esports has never been so exciting.
Esports Bonuses & Promotions
While factors such as markets and odds are more important, it is always worth checking out the bonuses and promotions available at Esports betting sites. Most will offer some form of bonus in an attempt to attract new customers, while ongoing offers surrounding specific markets are also likely to come into play. In order to qualify for a welcome bonus or free bet, a deposit or bet will normally be required, while other conditions surrounding minimum odds must also be met.
Meanwhile, ahead of major Esports events, whether it be The International or DreamHack Summer, betting sites may introduce dedicated promotions, whether it be free bets, insurance offers, price boosts or money-back specials.
Mobile Esports Betting
The popularity of smart phones and other handheld devices has led to a change in how bets are placed, with the demand for speedy and convenient platforms having also increased. As such, Esports betting sites are having to adapt accordingly in order to cater for this new breed of customer.
Whether it be through a dedicated app or Esports betting mobile website, markets and other features can be accessed on iOS, Android and Windows devices in most cases, with minimal effort required.
Esports Betting Tips
No matter what your goals are when it comes to Esports betting, the following tips will help you in being as successful as possible:
- Stick to What You Know – Being successful in betting on CS:GO, Dota 2, FIFA and Call of Duty is unlikely, so be sure to stick to a select few markets in which you have a good understanding of. With roster changes, ups and downs in form and rivalries all potentially having an impact upon the result of an Esports match, it is almost impossible to have your figure on the pulse across the whole industry.
- Stick to Your Budget – Betting on Esports should ultimately be an enjoyable process, with just a small proportion of your disposable income being used to fund it. So, do not go crazy with your stake, while also consider using the deposit limits in which many Esports betting sites have in place.
- Don’t Be Sentimental – If you have been following Esports for a while then you are likely to already have your favourite organisations, teams and players. However, where betting is concerned, there is no room for sentiment. Don’t be afraid to bet against the team you follow, with your hard-earned money being of greater importance.
- Understand the Game – Especially important for beginners, it is vital that you understand how Esports games are played, as well as all actions and rules. Whether you do this by playing the game yourself, watching the pros on live streams or reading info online, this is a must! Doing so will help punters in finding value in the market.
- Carry Out Research – While factors such as form, roster changes and head to head records are not the be all and end all when it comes to Esports, such information can often be useful ahead of placing bets. It is easy to find stats and news surrounding upcoming matches online today, so there is no excuse to not do your homework.
Esports Betting – FAQ
Good Esports betting sites deliver when it comes to a number of areas, including odds, markets, live streaming, bonuses, support and banking. All of the platforms recommended on this page score highly in such areas.
Esports betting is legal in a number of countries today, however the main thing to worry about is whether a potential Esports betting site is licensed and regulated to operate where you live. Gambling authorities such as the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission and Government of Curacao distribute licenses, allowing bookies to target customers in different regions.
Yes. In order to bet on Esports, punters must deposit real money using their preferred payment method. As a result, successful bets will result in real money being returned as winnings.
Esports events such as The International, League of Legends World Championship, ESL One, DreamHack and Intel Extreme Masters are among the biggest during the season, which also earn major attention from betting sites and punters alike.
Yes! Most of the top Esports betting sites offer live streaming on both desktop and mobile, meaning that there is never the need to miss out on the action. Streams can be accessed by placing a qualifying bet or having a positive account balance in most cases.
CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2 and Overwatch are among the Esports betting markets commonly found on betting sites. However, a host of additional titles are also available and gaining in popularity, including Call of Duty, Starcraft II, Valorant, FIFA and Rainbow Six.
While Esports has grown massively over recent years, it is still seen by some as an emerging market. As such, Esports markets may not be available on all betting sites, however it is a discipline that had certainly grown enormously in the gambling industry.
Bottom Line on Esports Betting Sites
The number of Esports betting sites available to punters on a global scale is increasing rapidly, however it is important to remember to sign up and wager only on platforms that are legal, reliable, competitive and rewarding. So, check out our recommended Esports betting sites for yourself, before deciding which one best suits your needs.