The Best Esports Betting Bonus Offers
What is an Esports Bonus?
Simply put, a bonus is an offer or promotion that is available to customers at Esports betting sites, which deliver particular benefits to those who qualify. Such benefits will vary between sites, however they can include bonus funds, cash refunds, free bets and price boosts. The majority of Esports betting sites will offer new customers a bonus as an extra incentive for signing up with them, while existing customers are also likely to be in a position to claim rewards.
However, Esports bonuses come with terms and conditions, which mean that punters are not guaranteed to qualify or benefit from such offers. As such, it is important that users look into such terms before getting involved, with our recommended Esports bonuses generally coming with fair and realistic conditions.
Types of Esports Betting Bonuses
The number of different types of Esports bonus is growing fairly rapidly, however punters are generally likely to come across the following offers when signing up with one of our recommended operators:
- Matched Deposit Bonus – Normally available to punters signing up at an Esports betting site for the first time, customers will receive a bonus based on their opening deposit. Whether it be 50% or 200% matched, your deposit will see you qualify for a bonus, meaning that you start with an enhanced opening kitty. As a result, it may be worth making a significant deposit to start with, whilst keeping in mind any terms and conditions surrounding payment methods and maximum bonus amounts.
- Matched Bet – Similarly, those placing a bet for the first time at an Esports betting site may well see their stake matched in the form of a bonus. It is important the punters understand that they may not be able to withdraw such funds immediately, with bonuses having to be turned over a number of times in some cases.
- Risk Free Bet – Some Esports betting sites will offer a risk free bet to new customers. This means that if your opening bet is unsuccessful, you will receive your stake back as a bonus, meaning that you can try again. Note that this is only likely to be available up to a certain amount, normally around £/$20.
- Price Boost – Before a major Esports event, whether it be The International or League of Legends World Championship, punters signing up on a site for the first time may well be able to take advantage of enhanced odds on a particular outcome. For example, you could place a small bet on Astralis winning the upcoming StarLadder Major at odds of 50/1.
Esports Bonus Terms & Conditions
As we have already mentioned, Esports bonuses come with terms and conditions attached, which accompany offers in order to put things in the favor of bookies and operators. While punters can still undoubtedly benefit from bonus offers, it is important to take into account the following factors before looking to qualify:
- Wagering Requirements – The wagering requirements surrounding an Esports bonus basically determine how easy it is to withdraw funds. Generally, punters will have to wager the bonus amount, potentially along with the deposit amount, a certain number of times before withdrawals can be processed. While this is not always the case, wagering requirements can be as high as x50, however they tend to sit at around x30. This does of course make withdrawing winnings less realistic.
- Qualifying Stake – For times when a qualifying bet is required to claim an Esports bonus, it is likely that punters will have to place such bets equal to or over the set minimum stake. This can be anywhere from £/$10 to £/$50.
- Qualifying Odds – Similarly, qualifying for an Esports bonus could also involve placing a bet equal to or greater than the minimum odds requirement. The exact price will range between bookies, however this is to ensure that bets on overwhelming favorites cannot be used to qualify.
- Time Limits – Whether it be the amount of time in which new customers have to make qualifying deposits, place qualifying bets or spend their bonus funds, it is unlikely that punters will be able to take all the time in the world. Generally speaking, qualifying deposits and bets must take place 7 or 14 days after signing up, while 30 days is the standard for meeting the wagering requirements.
- Promo Code – At some Esports betting sites, punters will need to enter a promo code at the time of either depositing or placing bets, with those failing to do so missing out on the chance to claim their bonus.
- Payment Methods – Many Esports betting sites will state in their bonus terms and conditions that only deposits made using certain payment methods will qualify for a bonus. In some cases, this means that payments made using an eWallet will not be eligible, with bank cards being recommended, at least to begin with.
How to Claim Your Esports Bonus
Now that you fully understand the terms and conditions involved, it is time to explain exactly how punters can get their hands on an Esports bonus online. The following is a step by step guide to help you understand the process better:
- Compare – Using our recommended list as a guide, compare all available Esports bonuses, before making a decision regarding which best suits your betting strategy and objectives. Be sure to take into account the value of the bonus, as well as the terms and conditions involved when completing this step.
- Sign Up – Having found an Esports bonus you like, it is now time to go ahead and sign up with the particular operator. This involves entering your personal details, including your email address and date of birth, as well as potentially creating a username and password. This process takes a matter of minutes and can be completed on both desktop and mobile in most cases.
- Deposit – In most cases, an opening deposit must be made in order to qualify for your Esports bonus. So, add your preferred payment method to your account, whether it be a debit card, eWallet or Bitcoin. Ensure that you meet the minimum qualifying amount when processing your first deposit, while also potentially entering any promo code that is necessary.
- Claim Bonus – If you have carried out the steps above correctly, your bonus should automatically be added to your account. In some cases, punters may have to contact the customer support team of your Esports betting site to unlock funds.
- Bet – Now that you have you have secured your bonus, it is time to start using it! Consider the terms and conditions involved once more, before staking on Esports markets of your choice.
How to Choose the Best Esports Bonus
With an increasing number of Esports bonuses being introduced by both traditional bookies and specialist operators, deciding which offers to take advantage of and which to avoid can be difficult. However, our experts have done the hard work for you, so be sure to keep a close eye on our site for all of the latest deals. Meanwhile, you can also sign up to the newsletter of your chosen Esports betting sites, meaning that you will never miss out on bonuses being introduced. When making a decision regarding whether to use an Esports bonus or not, be sure to take the following factors into consideration:
- The bonus on offer
- The qualifying conditions (deposit or bet)
- Terms and conditions (minimum deposit, bet and odds + wagering requirements)
- The quality of the betting site (markets, odds, streaming, support etc.)
- Available payment methods
Esports Bonus Tips
While Esports bonuses are not the most important thing to look out for when signing up online, they can certainly be useful tool when used correctly. With that being said, the following are our expert tips on making the most of Esports bonuses:
- While factors such as markets, odds and additional features are more important in our opinion, there is nothing stopping you taking advantage of more than one bonus at any given time. While it is likely that different bonuses cannot be used in conjunction on the same site, there is nothing stopping you signing up with different Esports betting operators. Doing so will mean that you can pick and choose between the best bonus offers.
- Always check out the terms and conditions surrounding bonuses before signing up and staking. Some operators set unrealistic terms, making withdrawals almost impossible. It can be easy to be sucked in because of a large bonus, however we recommend avoiding this where possible.
- Punters who successfully take advantage of Esports bonuses generally use all available time available to them. If you have 30 days in which to meet the bonus requirements, be sure to use them, rather than aiming to do so within a few days and placing unrealistic bets.
- Concentrate on one bonus at a time. If you have multiple in the air at the same time, it can be difficult to keep track of your progress.
- Do not sign up with an Esports bookie solely because of the bonuses in which they offer. Factors such as markets and odds will be more important in the long run.
Bottom Line on Esports Bonuses
Esports betting is now big business, with wagering on events from the world of CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2 and many other titles being hugely popular. However, the competitive nature of the Esports scene makes being successful difficult, making bonuses even more worthwhile. You should now have a clear idea as to how Esports bonuses work and where to find the best offers. So, check out the list of bonuses at the top of the page, before returning regularly to see the latest offerings from licensed and reliable operators.
Esports Betting Bonus – FAQs
The following are among the most commonly asked questions when it comes to Esports bonuses:
The vast majority of Esports betting sites will offer an incentive for new customers signing up, which normally comes in the form of a welcome bonus. Such bonuses vary in their format and rewards, so be sure to select the ones which suit you best.
Almost certainly not. Esports bonuses come with wagering requirements in most cases, meaning that the total amount must be turned over at least a set number of times before withdrawals can be made. This can be anywhere between x10 to x50.
A number of terms and conditions surround Esports bonuses online today. Starting with qualifying, punters must meet the minimum deposit or stake amount required. Conditions could potentially concern the payment method used to qualify too, with eWallet’s commonly not being eligible. Meanwhile, minimum odds, available markets and available time are all important.
This will depend on the betting site itself. A number of operators state in their terms and conditions that deposits made using an eWallet provider will not qualify for bonuses. In which case, it may be worth using an alternative option, at least for your opening deposit.
Most Esports bonuses can be used on all available markets, including pre-match, in-play and outright offerings. However, some may set stricter terms in this area.