Split and Jett nerve overhaul: all about Valorant patch 2.01
Valorant is already releasing a new patch, the second part of its controllers balancing. The update also brings a major overhaul of Split.
It’s already a few days since Episode 2 started on Valorant, with some balancing and updates. But if a new season started with patch 2.0, the publisher had promised even more changes in the upcoming updates. This is now the case with this patch 2.01 which brings in particular a complete overhaul of the Split map.
As promised, controllers also continue balancing with this patch, and Jett sees the duration of its smoke decreases (7 >>> 4.5), to go back to what was done before Patch 1.0.
Finally, on the agenda of this update, longer wait times for AFKs and the arrival of a request from the community on the history of the parties.
Split map update
This update to Split aims to improve the options for attackers on the map, reduce 50/50 checks and the depth of some corners, and open specific areas on the map by increasing the width of some bottlenecks.
AGENT UPDATES JETT
Smoke duration has been reduced: 7 >>> 4.5
COMPETITION MODE UPDATES
The ability to hide the results of custom parts has been added to the part history.
Many of you, especially in the pros, ask us to hide the results of custom games in game history so that you can train without other players analyzing your strategies. We wanted to offer you this feature before the Challengers so that you can train without worries.
- The Add Friend button only exists for teammates, and the ability to add players from the other team has been removed.
- The Add Friend button will not appear near the names of the teammates who have activated private/streamer mode.
- Wait times for players who have been AFK during a game or pre-game have been adjusted.
- We want to ensure that players who are experiencing connection problems will not be too severely penalized, but that those who are deliberately AFK will be punished appropriately.
- We will also add tolerance to the AFK for a number of rounds, but repeated or extended violations will be punished by higher wait times.
- Fixed an issue that caused promotion and relegation metrics to encroach player rank on the Career page.
- Fixed a bug that caused a Radiant icon or error message to appear on the end of game screen instead of the expected rank information.
- Fixed a bug that caused Reyna’s Eyelade to not appear correctly on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug where credits were not refunded properly after selling a weapon purchased by a teammate.
- Thanks to this message, as well as many reports on reddit!
- Fixed a bug that caused the visual effects of off-screen brightness to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that would briefly show Phoenix’s starting location on the minimap if he was killed during his Revenge.
- Fixed an issue that caused Omen’s reformation visual effects to misalignment with his point of appearance when he was using Lane of Shadows.
- Fixed an issue where Jett could trigger the defuse sound while making a rush.
- Fixed an issue where Omen could trigger the sound of defusing while teleporting.
- Fixed an issue that caused Yoru’s Feint lure to persist in the game area after his death.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Raze’s Boom Bot to be placed through certain walls.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Omen to be equipped with his weapon before it finished resuming its shape during From Shadows.
- Fixed an issue where the Revitalization interface did not update when Skye was using the skill.
- Fixed a stacking rate issue when one player was near a Brimstone Stimulating Beacon at the time another was ending.
- Fixed an issue where Skye was not correctly indicating the area in which it was located.