Esports Betting Sites Canada 2020
Based in Canada and looking to bet on your favorite Esports teams and players? The following guide has everything in which there is to know. Esports is perhaps the fastest growing betting market in the world, with Canada being one of the many countries to have embraced it. With events and tournaments being held almost daily, there has never been a better time to get involved. This page will outline the best Esports betting sites for customers in Canada. Meanwhile, we will also look at how Esports betting works in Canada, including its legality and availability.
Best Esports Betting Sites Online Canada
What is Esports Betting?
Esports betting works in a similar way to wagering on other sports. Esports events take place on an international and regional basis, surrounding games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Dota 2 and many others. Both traditional bookmakers and specialist operators accept bets on the teams and players involved, allowing players to back their favorites in the hope of winning. Real money and skins betting are available when it comes to Esports. All of our recommended Esports betting sites are legal in Canada, while they all come with their own benefits. So, be sure to take a look for yourself and decide which best suits your needs.
Esports Betting in Canada
Betting laws in Canada can be difficult to understand. However, Esports betting customers should know that they must sign up with an offshore operator in order to be in a position to wager on events and matches. Betting regulations work differently in each province, however potential customers will be pleased to hear that the vast majority of Esports betting operators will accept payments in Canadian dollars. There is no law against offshore operators in Canada, so punters can take advantage of some of the leading names from overseas.
Meanwhile, customers in Canada will also likely be in a position to claim a generous and potentially helpful welcome bonus. Our experts have tested all of the available Esports betting sites for customers in Canada, meaning that you can rest assured that we have recommended only the very best.
Which Esports Events Can Be Bet On in Canada?
The fact that Canadians must place Esports bets with offshore operators will have little impact upon the number of available markets. In fact, events from around the world are covered. Matches from CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2, Overwatch, FIFA, Call of Duty, Valorant and others are available, with the likes of DreamHack, ESL and Major League Gaming, Riot Games and ELEAGUE helping to organize such tournaments.
The events with the biggest prize pools tend to center around League of Legends and Dota 2, with the likes of the World Championship and The International offering millions of dollars. Meanwhile, up and coming games such as NBA 2K, Fortnite and World of Tanks are starting to make a significant impression upon the Esports betting scene too.
What are the Most Popular Esports Betting Markets in Canada?
An increasing number of markets are being introduced when it comes to Esports betting also. The exact number will depend on the game and profile of the event, with major tournaments likely to receive greater attention from betting operators. Pre-match, in-play and outright options will be available with most operators, allowing punters to place single, multiple and handicap bets. Popular markets include match winner, map winner, map handicap, over/under maps, total maps, correct score, first blood, most kills, tournament winner and region of winner.
Is Esports Betting Legal in Canada?
As we have already eluded to, betting in Canada is complex in terms of its legality. With a large number of provinces and a large population, sports betting is generally restricted to provincially sanctioned sites. However, with such platforms rarely offering Esports markets, fans of competitive video gaming must instead turn to offshore operators. There are no laws against signing up and betting on such sites, which are licensed by authorities such as the Government of Curacao, Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission and Gibraltar Regulatory Authority.
Best Betting Sites for Esports Betting Customers in Canada
Esports betting customers have a good number of options when it comes to placing real money wagers on their favorite organizations, teams and players. LOOT.BET, GG.bet, Unikrn and ArcaneBet are some of the specialist Esports providers available, while traditional bookmakers including Bet365, Betway and Pinnacle have also added Esports markets over recent years. As a result, all players will find a platform to suit their needs, whether it is market coverage, leading odds, bonuses or live streaming in which you have prioritized.
How to Select the Best Esports Betting Site
Before signing up with an Esports betting operator, it is important to understand exactly what you should be on the lookout for. When we rank the Esports betting sites available to customers in Canada, we take into consideration a whole host of factors, with the following being the most important:
Markets – The best Esports betting sites found on the web today cover a huge number of events and tournaments. It should not only be major events such as The International and the League of Legends World Championship that are available, with regional events and matches from up and coming regions also being found. Meanwhile, leading operators cover all Esports games, including everything from CS:GO and Dota 2 to FIFA and Valorant.
- Odds – There is no point in betting on an Esports market if the odds on offer do not offer good value. Prices found at Esports betting sites will ultimately determine how much customers make from successful bets. Available in American, decimal and fractional formats in most cases, odds should be accurate, based on the parties involved.
- Legal – The fact that customers in Canada must utilize offshore bookies in order to bet on Esports does not mean that they are doing so illegally. Our recommended Esports betting sites are all licensed and regulated by respected gambling authorities, while they also have a host of security measures in place.
- Streaming – The ability to watch Esports matches with your bookie is both entertaining and useful. Being able to follow your pick can let you know whether to cash out or not, while this service is especially helpful to fans of live Esports betting. Many bookies offer streams from leading provider Twitch.
- Mobile – Esports betting markets and features should be accessible to mobile customers in Canada too. Such sites generally work well on mobile browsers, while some brands will design and introduce efficient mobile apps.
- Support – Esports betting customers should be able to communicate with members of staff both day and night. Popular options include telephone, email and live chat support, while most operators today have some sort of social media presence, offering another avenue for punters to receive help.
- Bonuses – While this should not be the sole reason for signing up, Esports betting sites generally offer promotions for both new and existing customers. It is easy to be drawn in as a result of an appealing welcome bonus, however be sure to look at the terms and conditions and wagering requirements beforehand.
Payment Methods for Esports Betting Customers in Canada
In order to be in a position to make real money winnings from Esports bets, customers must first deposit cash using their preferred payment method. Luckily, punters based in Canada have a variety of options in this area, with the majority being available for both deposits and withdrawals. Popular payment methods include Visa, Mastercard, Credit Card, Debit Card, iDebit, Interac, Bitcoin, Entropay, Ethereum, Instant Banking, Litecoin, EcoPayz, Paypal, Paysafecard, Wire transfer and American Express.
With most operators, deposits will be available at as little as C$10, while the minimum and maximum deposit will vary. All available methods allow for secure payments too, with your personal details never being shared with third parties. Punters may have to wait up to 5 working days to get their hands on winnings made however.
Tips for Being Successful When Betting on Esports
No matter what your budget and objective are when it comes to betting on Esports, it is always worth taking on board some useful information. With that being said, the following are our top Esports betting tips, designed to help punters in regularly beating the bookies:
- Do Your Homework – No matter how much of an Esports expert you may be, be sure to carry out research before confirming any bets. Take into account the recent form of teams and players, any potential roster changes, head to head records and motivation for victory. Each can potentially impact the overall result, with many operators using such details to calculate odds.
- Quit While You’re Ahead – Your luck will run out eventually. So, be sure to quite while you are ahead, as this will give you the best chance of having funds left over to bet with. Remember that Esports betting should first and foremost be enjoyable and not a long-term method of adding to your bank balance.
- Bet Small – Rather than betting with hundreds of dollars, we recommend placing smaller bets, meaning that the risks are not so great. You should only bet with a small proportion of your disposable income at all times anyway.
- Target Regionals – Esports betting odds surrounding major tournaments are often not that appealing, due to the fact that so many well known teams and players are involved. As such, targeting minor and regional events is often more worthwhile, with better value to be found here.
- Live Streaming – Where possible, watch Esports matches live. Doing so will give you a much better understanding of how teams and players are performing. Many of the top Esports betting sites available to customers in Canada offer live streaming. Meanwhile, for those that do not, platforms such as Twitch and YouTube cover all bases.
Bottom Line on Esports Betting Canada
Esports enthusiasts in Canada today have more options than ever before when it comes to betting on events from around the world. It is unfortunate that domestic betting sites and operators in Canada do not cover Esports matches, however this is not an issue, due to the quality and quantity of offshore platforms. We have listed and discussed some of the leading Esports betting sites available to those in Canada on this page, which are all 100% legal, trustworthy and potentially rewarding.
Meanwhile, punters will find a variety of markets, odds and additional features, including live streaming, cash out and Esports news. So, be sure to check them out for yourself, before potentially signing up with your favorite. There has never been a better time to bet on Esports, with new tournaments being launched at a rapid rate, while an increasing number of bookies are adding Esports markets.
Esports Betting Canada FAQ
Yes. However, those looking to bet on Esports teams and players must do so on offshore betting sites. This is due to the fact that there are no regulated domestic operators that offer such markets.
There are a host of attractive Esports betting sites available to customers in Canada today. Stating exactly which one is the best is difficult however. So, be sure to look for yourself, taking into account factors including markets, odds, bonuses and support before signing up.
Yes. All of our recommended Esports betting sites are available to mobile customers in Canada. This could be using your mobile internet browser or via a mobile betting app.
In most cases, yes. The majority of Esports betting sites accept payments in Canadian Dollars, whilst also offering some form of welcome bonus. This is likely to be a matched deposit bonus, free bet or money back offer.
Yes. Many of our recommended Esports betting sites offer live streaming. Such a service may require a funded betting account or small stake in order to gain access, however watching matches as they play out is very rewarding.