PayPal Esports Betting Sites 2020
Betting on Esports has taken off big time of late. While skins betting is growing, real money Esports betting remains the most popular option for punters. In order to fund your betting activity, money must be deposited, with PayPal being one of the most popular payment methods available today. It can also be used to withdraw winnings made, with its safety, convenience and ease of use making it increasingly appealing.
So, whether it is League of Legends, CS:GO or Dota 2 in which you favor, be sure to check out the recommended PayPal Esports betting sites on this page. We will also outline exactly how to use PayPal, along with its benefits.
Esports betting sites that accept PayPal
PayPal was founded back in 1998, with the online payment system having attracted over 200 million users worldwide since. Now available in 20+ currencies and 200 countries, PayPal is a payment method that is synonymous with the online betting industry, including many Esports betting sites. PayPal is regulated by the Luxembourg credit institution, while their main headquarters are found in San Francisco. Payments made via PayPal receive 128-bit encryption, with its security being one of the main selling points.
PayPal and Gambling
PayPal is a form of eWallet that allows gambling customers to both deposit and withdraw funds on a large number of betting sites. Having formally be owned by eBay, PayPal is now available in a host of countries, having first processed payments at online casinos in the early 2000’s.
It was also in the 2000’s when PayPal started to become associated with sportsbooks and bookies, such as William Hill, with Esports betting operators having more recently followed suit. Meanwhile, it was in 2015 that PayPal was able to process payments at US gambling sites, specifically in Nevada and New Jersey. While not all Esports betting sites accept PayPal, it is available with the majority of licensed operators.
Esports Betting Using PayPal
In order to deposit and withdraw funds on your chosen Esports betting site through PayPal, a few simple steps must be taken. While the process may differ slightly based on your location, the following steps will give you a good idea of what is involved:
- Step 1: Register a PayPal Account – The sign up process at PayPay is simple, taking just a matter of minutes to complete. Enter the PayPal site via desktop or mobile, or download the PayPal mobile app, before selecting the “Sign Up” option. Decide between opening a personal or business account. Enter your mobile telephone number. Next, enter your personal details, including a valid email address. Verify your new account via email.
- Step 2: Add a Payment Method – Having registered for an account, it is time to add a payment method. The most common option is a debit card, which can be used easily once verified. Meanwhile, your card details will never be shared with Esports betting operators.
- Step 3: Select an Esports Betting Site – Now that you have PayPal set up, you must then select an Esports betting site that accepts this method of payment. You can check out our operator reviews for more information in this area. Log into your Esports betting account and select PayPal as your chosen method of depositing. Log into your PayPal account using your sign in details and select the amount you wish to deposit.
Advantages of Using PayPal Over Other ewallets
There are a number of advantages when it comes to using PayPal at Esports betting sites, especially when compared to other eWallets. The main benefits are found below:
- Speed – The speed of transactions using PayPal is hugely appealing. Deposits at Esports betting sites are instant, while withdrawals are likely to take under 24 hours. Often, punters will have to wait up to 5 working days to get their hands on their winnings when using alternative payment methods.
- Safety – Transactions made using PayPal are also 100% safe. Encryption technology is used at all times, keeping your personal and card details secure. Meanwhile, the fact that you do not have to add your card details to your Esports betting account adds another layer of protection.
- Convenience – Whether you are depositing or withdrawing funds on desktop or mobile, PayPal is hugely convenient. Logging in takes a matter of seconds, while all platforms are hugely efficient.
- Fees – Deposits made using PayPal are processed for free at all times. Meanwhile, customers will only be charged a very small amount with looking to withdraw earnings made at Esports betting sites. Some withdrawals will even be processed for free too, with the operator covering the cost instead.
How to Withdraw Funds Using PayPal
As we have already mentioned, PayPal is an excellent option when it comes to both depositing and withdrawing money at Esports betting sites. As little as £/$5 can often be withdrawn, with customers receiving their funds in under 24 hours in many cases. Little or no fee will be charged too, with the following steps being needed in order to complete such a transaction:
- Log in to your Esports betting account.
- Enter the cashier section.
- Click or tap on the “Withdraw” option.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Select PayPal as your method of withdrawal.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Confirm the withdrawal.
- Wait for your funds to arrive!
Which Are the Best Esports Betting Sites for Using PayPal
A host of Esports betting sites accept PayPal, however it is perhaps the following operators which stand out in this area:
- Betway – Betway was one of the first leading online bookies to introduce a dedicated Esports betting page. A large number of Esports markets can be found, including pre-match and in-play options surrounding CS:GO, League of Legends, Dota 2, Starcraft, FIFA and more. Deposits at Betway using PayPal start at just £/$10, with such transactions being instant and without charge. Meanwhile, a generous welcome bonus awaits new customers, which can be worth the equivalent of £30 in free bets. Opening deposits made using PayPal will mean that you qualify for the bonus, which cannot be said of some other Esports operators.
- 888Sport – European bookie 888Sport is another to have embraced the Esports scene. Odds can be found on major events, as well as matches surrounding NBA 2K, Street Fighter V, FIFA and World of Tanks, demonstrating their diversity. Deposits using PayPal again start at £/$10, while withdrawals start at as little as £3. However, it is worth noting that PayPal is not an eligible payment method when it comes to claiming the 888Sport welcome bonus.
- Bet365 – You are likely to already be aware of Bet365. With over 35 million customers to their name, Bet365 offers a host of Esports markets, along with live streaming of many matches. Whether you favor CS:GO, League of Legends, FIFA or Fortnite, all of your needs should be met at Bet365. PayPal is one of a large number of available payment methods here too, coming alongside Neteller, Skrill and Paysafecard. Unfortunately, PayPal cannot be used to claim your welcome bonus at Bet365 either.
Alternatives to PayPal
While it is clear that PayPal brings a host of benefits when operating on Esports betting sites, there are some alternatives to consider too. The majority of Esports betting providers offer a host of options when it comes to depositing and withdrawing cash, which will vary depending on your location. Most customers will be able to use credit and debit card brands such as Mastercard and Visa, while there are some appealing eWallets aside from PayPal too. Below are the standout eWallet platforms found at Esports betting sites today:
- Skrill – Founded in 2001, Skrill is owned by the Paysafe Group. Based in London, Skrill is available to customers around the world, with most Esports betting providers offering it for both deposits and withdrawals. Available in over 40 different countries, Skrill has an outstanding reputation within the gambling industry.
- Neteller – Dating back to 1999, Neteller is another online money transfer platform owned by the Paysafe Group. Licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority, Neteller is based in the Isle of Man. 26 major currencies are accepted, with a vast amount of the company’s revenue coming from gambling activity.
- Paysafecard – Operating slightly differently to the platforms above, Paysafecard is a prepaid online payment system that uses a 16-digti PIN code in order to authorise transactions. Cards of varying amounts can be purchased at various outlets, with the platform having been founded in 2000 in Austria. It is now available in 40+ countries and, as the name suggests, it also owned by the Paysafe Group.
PayPal Esports Betting FAQ
It is impossible to say that PayPal is an available payment method on all Esports betting sites. However, the majority of leading Esports betting brands offer both deposits and withdrawals using this payment method. Be sure to look into this before signing up however.
Deposits made using PayPal are processed free of charge. However, a small fee may be incurred when withdrawing funds in this way. This will differ between Esports betting sites, with some operators taking care of this fee, so that you don’t have to.
Deposits at Esports betting sites are instant. This means that there are no frustrating waiting periods, while customers can take advantage of ever changing markets.
Yes. Customers must have a PayPal account in order to deposit and withdraw funds in this way at Esports betting sites. However, an account can be created in a matter of minutes, as long as you are over the relevant age in your country.
Bottom Line on PayPal Esports Betting Sites
It should be clear to Esports betting customers that PayPal is one of the most popular and efficient payment methods available online today. Available for both depositing and withdrawing cash, PayPal is easy to use, fast and convenient, with the platform being accepted by the vast majority of our recommended Esports betting operators. So, if you are looking for a new way to move funds to and from Esports betting sites, be sure to consider PayPal.